Friday, March 20, 2009

Ethan is 7









I can't believe that my little boy is 7 years today. He is such an affectionate little guy always taking the time to tell me that he loves me and initiating a big hug for no reason at all. His latest thing is to make a paper airplane and write a message on it such as "let me play x-box" and then fly it into my lap or Clint's lap for permission. As the week wore on, his messages got longer, and he thought funnier. But, 7 year old humor is a strange creature, especially when the same joke keeps getting repeated. I have to keep reminding myself how precious these days are. This week Ethan appeared with a straw contraption taped to his forehead. I told him he reminded me of one of those anglerfish that live in the ocean deep and have a suspended light to attract prey. Well, the next thing I know, he has this orange golf ball taped to his straw contraption. I had to take a picture. Who needs to buy Halloween costumes. Here's a list of a few things about Ethan that will hopefully help me to remember what he was all about, say 10 years from now when he's going off to college and I need to revisit this time.

Ethan
1. favorite things to do--play x-box, play board games, build stuff with Legos, etc, snowboard, go on hikes, swimming,making pillow mountain, going to Upside-down-Kingdom on Sundays
2. Favorite foods-- pancakes and bacon, stromboli, oranges, pizza,
3. favorite dessert-- brownies with ice cream
4. what he's learning/studying this year--his multiplication tables, Explode the Code level 4,Horizon math workbook 1st grade, how to sew a quilt, units about owls, weather, gingerbread men, quilts, bridges, the ocean, birds, plants, skyscrapers,
5. Favorite books -- King Midas and the Golden Touch, Animal Encyclopedia,
6. Favorite color --black
7. Favorite movies -- Indiana Jones and Star Wars
8. Best Friends -- Benjamin and cousin Josh
9. Favorite thing to wear -- Lansharx t-shirt and UT hoodie
10. What he wants to be when he grows up -- an engineer

1 comment:

hoesayfina said...

great post. miss you guys. what kinda cake did you make? love the angler fish look for him. Ben approves of everything on his list except the UT sweatshirt. So, Sic'Em Bears he says!

Happy Birthday Ethan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!