Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Build a Bear or a Kitty




This morning Laurel had a play date with her friend from church. She had gotten her a gift certificate to Build-a-Bear for her birthday. Since Laurel still had some of her own birthday money to use up, I thought it might be nice for the girls to go together and both build a stuffed animal. Laurel has been wanting to do this for some time. Oh my goodness! What can I say about that place? On some levels it is soooo wrong. I mean they have clothes for the stuffed animals in that store that cost the same thing as real clothes for my kids. And a lot of them are way nicer than what my kids wear. But, extravagance aside, it was really fun and Laurel had a ball. She knew instantly which shell she wanted. Apparently, she had seen one when we were briefly in the store to buy Riley's certificate. She named it Hearts because it has a heart-shaped nose. She picked out pink glass slippers for its feet, and she saw lots of cool clothes she would like to get later. It was a great experience and I think I know one place I will be picking up some stocking stuffers this Christmas.

2 comments:

hoesayfina said...

great pictures. of course Annie loved the kitty and wanted to know if Laurel sleeps with it. There is a build a bear in Richland Mall now....of course you have me thinking! What a fun thing to do with a friend.

Sure would like to talk to you. I just might have to call today....or Saturday.... :)

love, -maria

Tristan said...

YOu asked about where to get dissections on my blog: www.homesciencetools.com is where we got ours! They sell individual specimins, or sets with 4 or more differernt types of animal and are pretty reasonable. No need to buy in bulk!