Thursday, April 02, 2009

Books, Books, Books


On Tuesday, Canada Post came to the door and brought us two delightful boxes of books. We received an order from Amazon and Christianbooks on the same day. A book bonanza! Clint had placed an order of Frank Viola books and Gene Edward's The Divine Romance a couple of weeks ago, and I had finally used my gift certificate from my birthday at Christianbooks. (Thanks, Maria) Of course, I had such a hard time deciding what to buy, I ended up with a few more items than I had originally intended. But good books are so enticing to me, and now I can't wait to dig in. I am particularly excited about my Charlotte Mason Companion book and Books Children Love to Read. I've had my eye on these for some time now. They are homeschooling books for those of you who are wondering, "What in the world?" And I am hoping that Hints on Child Training by H. Clay Trumbull will inspire me to be a better parent. I've read raving reviews of this 19th century grandfather of Elisabeth Elliot. Hopefully I will get a few moments to browse through my little jewels this evening. Since I got them in the mail 2 days ago, I haven't had a free moment to peruse yet. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

No comments: