Saturday, January 24, 2009

Laurel's first teeth



Last week Laurel lost her second bottom front tooth. She lost the first one only a week before that when chewing on a piece of bread. And so she logically arrived at the conclusion that eating bread is the best way to make a lose tooth come out. She is now seriously contemplating how she can lose a few more teeth and so increase the funds in her piggy bank. Funny how after you get old, thinking reverses regarding the loss of one's teeth. Instead of the promise of gaining money, it becomes dread of being taken to the cleaners. So, anyway, here is sweet little Laurel with her new smile. I had to laugh a couple of weeks ago after she lost the first tooth. I caught her looking in the mirror at herself and smiling in a million different poses, admiring her missing tooth.

2 comments:

~Melissa~ said...

Happy 1st and 2nd lost tooth, Laurel! :) I remember being the same way about teeth--once I lost one, I was eager to get the others out.

(For the record, my 6 1/2 year old still has yet to lose one...)

hoesayfina said...

Yay for Laurel. I am so not ready for Annie to lose teeth. I think she will freak out.

Great pictures!! Really like the shirt. This would definitely be one worth scrapbooking! :)

We missed you guys today!